Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dierks *IS* married!!!

There have been rumours flying hard and fast over the past week that Dierks Bentley and his long time girlfriend Cassidy got married in Mexico on December 15th. I refused to believe it until I saw some official news. They kept it quiet for a week but now it's on CMT. That's it. The world has ended. There is no chance for me anymore :p J/K. What is with these celebrities eloping though? I can't stand it!!! There have been three major weddings in the past two weeks. Garth & Trisha, Blaine (Larsen) & Sammi and now Dierks & Cassidy. My turn has GOT to be coming LOL.

Here's the official word:

Dierks Bentley Elopes to Mexico
Singer Weds His High School Sweetheart

By: Hazel Smith

Dierks Bentley's roomie, Jake the dog, is going to have to move over. The highly eligible bachelor eloped to Mexico over last weekend (Dec. 17 and 18), sources in Nashville confirmed. He and his longtime girlfriend, Cassidy, spent the weekend at an undisclosed location in Mexico where they were wed. Natives of Phoenix, Ariz., Cassidy and Dierks were high school sweethearts.

After the wedding, the couple returned to Nashville where they had dinner with Make-a-Wish Foundation staffers. Dierks confessed to close friends that his mom was a bit sad that she didn't get to see him get married, but he said she is OK now. A couple of years ago, Dierks traveled alone to Mexico and found a spot he loved. He made the decision then that if he ever got married, that would be the place. Dierks and his family and Cassidy and her family will travel to Colorado where they will spend the holidays together.

He will travel to the United Kingdom in January for three shows which are a part of the Country Music Association's New From Nashville concert series. The concerts take place Jan. 16 in Dublin, Jan. 17 in Glasgow and Jan. 19 in London. The Glasgow date is part of Celtic Connections 2006, a music festival taking place Jan. 11-29. Bentley was presented the Horizon Award at the recent CMA Awards show in New York.


Here's a picture of the happy couple, taken in April 2005:

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh Heidi :(

But seriously - if I was a celebrity, I'd elope too. I mean I'd want a little privacy on my wedding day and that would be the only way to get it.

As for those other people you list - I have *no* idea who they are LOL!!

agent713 said...

Yeah, I can see the reasoning behind it. I mean he kept it quiet for over a week. That's got to be pretty special.

As for the other people...tell me you've heard of Garth Brooks...we watched him and Trisha in Victoria...or at least *I* did :P

Blaine Larsen is a new singer from Tacoma, WA. He's only 22 but he got married the day Di and I were hanging out down there. We *could* have crashed the wedding!!!

~Heidi

Veronica said...

OK - Garth I know - but I doubt I'd be able to pick him out in a line up LOL. The rest, nope :P

Emmy said...

This is like what surprise wedding #4 or #5 in the past several months? Craziness! It'll be ok though, our day is coming soon twin!

Wishing we'd have crashed Blaine Larsen's reception ...

Di aka Emmy

newsgirl said...

oh Heidi... I'm so sorry... *sniff, sniff*
I guess you'll just have to find a new boyfriend!!

Anonymous said...

my name is lafawnda....and he is my man! i think cassidy is disgusting and i will get dierks back. this is not the end for me and dierks. he is my man! watch out cassidy...i'm gettin him back!