Thursday, February 09, 2006

First Interview Report

Good Morning!

I know you've all been on pins and needles waiting for an update and here it is. The interview (if you want to call it that) went well. It was, as I knew it would be, a bit different from a regular interview because it *they* are not hiring me, just representing me. It was a really good experience though.

From where I work to the office where the interview was is over an hour in driving time. I gave myself *lots* of time and then had time to kill once I had located the office. I went in about 10 minutes early and had to set the receptionist straight "Yes, I am supposed to be here, at 2pm" etc. It was fine though. Filled out some paperwork (I really need to memorize my SIN# :P) and then they had me do some tests. Word, Excel, Typing Speed, Alpha Numeric Speed and 10 Key Typing (I think that's what it's called). My Word and Excel are "above the national average" and my WPM is 65. Pretty darn good :) I did well on the other two as well but the numbers don't mean anything to me so I can't remember them :P

Then the recruiter, who's name was also Heidi, kind of grilled me on my work history, what I've done and what I want to do in the future, both professionally and personally. She was really nice and very easy to talk to. Even though I didn't have all the answers she might have liked I am comfortable with what I did tell her.

Now it's a matter of seeing if a position opens up. They have A LOT of people on the books so I'll have to keep in touch to see what kind of openings are. They seem to be a very professional organization with a good track record. I'm comfortable having them represent me and vice versa.

Friday I'm meeting with another agency. This one is smaller and more locally focused and I think it will be good to have my name on their books too.

~Heidi...continuing the career search...

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Thanks for the update :)

Sounds like it went well....hope it brings something good.

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Thanks for the update.

Sounds good, hopefully something will come available.