Monday, April 24, 2006

One Way Ticket

Thursday evening my maternal grandfather (the only grandparent I still have alive) went in for surgery. He had been admitted to the hospital on Wednesday evening after a few days of not being able to keep any food down. They didn’t know what to expect when they did the operation but it turned out that his small intestine had gotten twisted. That’s why he couldn’t keep anything down. It was blocked. They fixed it and aside from a minor scare early Friday morning (something to do with his heart) he seems to be okay.

My mom is flying out tomorrow to be with him for awhile. She got a one way ticket because she’s not sure how long she’ll be gone. It’s not a big deal for me because I won’t be home much this week anyways. Dad and Aaron are going to have fun fending for themselves though :)

Nobody knows if it is related but last Thursday was exactly ten years to the day since my grandma passed away. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long. I miss her. Here’s a picture. It's not a great picture because it's a scan of a scan but you get the idea. If you are so inclined, please keep Grandpa in your prayers. He is remarkably healthy for a man his age but the body does wear out.

~Heidi

2 comments:

Veronica said...

You got it Heidi...praying for him. I know what you are going through (as you may remember I lost my only living grandfather last December) - it's great that your Mom can be with him at this time.

tosin said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this Heidi. I will be praying for your grandfather and your family.
*hugs*

~toemi~