Monday, June 26, 2006

Big & Rich

There is so much that could be said about Big & Rich but I’ll try to keep it short. As a general rule, I’m not a fan of their music. Sure “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” is a fun rockin’ party song but it’s not something I’d buy on a cd. I was interested to see them in concert simply because they are SO off the wall and get a lot of press. I can’t say I was “wowed” though. Their stage show is very high energy and it fits their music but neither are my style. They brought “Cowboy Troy” and “Two Foot Fred” out which was kind of neat. During “8th of November” they had a few local veterans on the stage as well.

Overall I was pretty bored, especially after Dierks’ awesome performance. The sun was setting during Big & Rich’s stage time and I forgot my hat in the car so if I wanted to see them, I had to hold my hand up to shield my eyes. That got old really fast :P I actually took a bathroom break during their show and I don’t feel like I missed anything. Sorry to any B&R fans out there but I can’t say very much good about them. Oh, and John Rich smashing the guitar at the end was just weird. Total waste of a good guitar.

No comments: