Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hell's Kitchen

Yesterday (Saturday) I went to a CM workshop as planned and did a little bit of scrapbooking. Finished some pages, did my Dierks concert from October and organized some stuff. It finished at 3 so I came home and took over the living room to do a major power layouts for my Pennsylvania trip. There are SO many pictures. It's hard to keep them straight but I'm getting there. I currently have PL guides all over the couch and floor and sticky notes all along the mantel. It's working well :D

Anyhow, while I was doing PL Seth borrowed my car to run errands. He brought it back around 6:30 and we decided that since we were both free and it was a *gorgeous* evening, we'd head into Vancouver and see if we could find somewhere interesting to eat dinner.

Initially we were thinking that something in Yaletown would be good. Of course when you get on Pacific Blvd you can get on and over the Burrard Street Bridge before you know it...or at least I can. That put us on West 4th in Kitsilano. I had been down there for dinner when Jean in Tx came to town so I knew there were lots of restaurants. We decided to drive along and see if something struck our fancy.

What did we choose? Hell's Kitchen Seth had some convoluted reality tv connection for it. I just thought it looked interesting and it was busy, which is always a good thing when it comes to restaurants. It turned out to be a great choice. Exactly what we were looking for.

Instead of each ordering an entree we went 'tapas style' and ordered three appetizers to share: (from the online menu)

DUCK SPRING ROLLS
Smoked Quebec duck breast, shredded carrots & apples with chipotle honey

QUESADILLAS
Grilled zucchini & mixed peppers, fresh basil, mozzarella and goat cheese in a roma tomato tortilla with Hell's salsa

ARTICHOKE & SMOKED GRUYERE FONDUE
Bubbling with spinach, roasted garlic and asiago, served with foccacia and corn meal & chili-dusted Navajo bread


It was all delicious, especially the spring rolls. For dessert we each had:
HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Dark Belgian chocolate and Frangelico liqueur folded into thick whipped cream with house-made biscotti

Soooo good. We'll definitely go back there.

It was good to spend some time with Seth too. We talked about a few things to do with the new place. Doing dishes, the fact that I use next to NO milk, etc. It's looking like I'll take the bedroom closer to the living room...maybe. That's what he thinks anyways. I still haven't decided.

Anyhoo, hope y'all are having a great weekend :)

~Heidi

1 comment:

shirley said...

The description of the food made my mouth water - especially the spring rolls. Sound so yummy!