Thursday, July 27, 2006

Reflections on Moving

Janis and family came home last night. I went out to say "welcome back", return the key, and make sure everything was good...oh, and to pick up a few albums I'd forgotten (let's see what else I left there). When I got home I told Mom "Alright, I'm here to stay...for at least 36 hours" Sad!

I got the majority of my packing done last night. The good thing about packing last minute is I do it. The bad thing is I don't take the time to go through things. There was a file folder on my desk. It was full of scrapbook stuff and other flotsam that didn't have a home LAST time I moved. This time I added to it and re-packed it. I am a firm believer in "a place for everything and everything in it's place". Unfortunately when everything doesn't HAVE a place, it's hard to stick to that motto!

I've realized that I have *a lot* of stuff. At least three boxes of scrapbook stuff...that doesn't include my cart, carryall, album tote, workshop organizer, sticker binder, or three boxes of completed Premier albums. Yi yi yi!

The good news is I managed to squeeze all twelve of my dance overskirts into one fairly small box. I was proud of that.

There is a bittersweet feeling when you go to bed surrounded by boxes with totally blank walls. I haven't actually been in this house long enough to put a lot on the walls but having cleared off all my horizontal spaces makes it feel so empty. I am excited though :)

Tomorrow I get off work at noon and then the moving shall commence. Wish me luck!

~Heidi

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Good luck!! I'm so excited for you :D

Martha said...

Good Luck...and don't forget to put gas in the tank! :)