Thursday, August 03, 2006

Chicken Soup

Yesterday (Wednesday) Mom and Dad took me out to the Mango Tree for a birthday dinner. The Mango Tree is a newish Thai restaurant close to our old house. It has really good food. I’m not going to pretend to remember what we had. Basically spring rolls as an appetizer, a noodle dish, a rice dish and a pad thai dish. Mom and I split a lycee – mango dessert. It was unique but quite tasty. Dad and Aaron both had friend bananas with mango ice cream.

On the way to dinner I stopped at their Mom and Dad house to pick up laundry and mail. Along with my Visa statement I found a package from Amazon.com addressed to me. It was a copy of the brand new "Chicken Soup for the Scrapbooker's Soul". A birthday/house warming present from Veronica in Australia. It had Donna's story on Page 68. I knew it was coming out but I didn't realize it was released yet. What a wonderful gift!!! Thank you SO much. I am thoroughly enjoying reading it and remembering Donna.

It was fun to show it to my dad and say "The women (Donna, Stacy and Sherilyn) that this story is about is the reason that I went to Pennsylvania last year. It's the reason I'm going to DC this year. It's the reason I go to Washington State all the time (including this Saturday for the SS WA 2.5 Crop). It's the reason Veronica came to visit last year and why Di is coming from Michigan via Tacoma." Donna's life and Stacy and Sherilyn's crazy adventure changed mine and many other lives and it is so exciting to see it in print.

Thank you again for the book. I will treasure it always. :wub:

~Heidi

No comments: