Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nasty Weather!

Cut and paste from my posts on SS

12:43pm
The wind is blowing like crazy and it is pouring right now. Apparently they closed the highway to Whistler because so many trees are down. The power keeps flickering too. It went out yesterday...I'd be okay if it went out today

Winter weather in SW BC. It makes me wish for hot chocolate and a nice warm fire.

1:07pm
And, there goes the power. Oh, it's back. Uggh! Note to self, save frequently!

Know what's weird though? Yesterday the lights went out but my computer stayed on. Today my computer turned off but all the lights stayed on. Freaky!

2:28pm
I just got a call from my mom, church was cancelled for this evening. Probably a good thing too. Once I get home I don't want to go out again.

3:15pm
My dad just called. Apparently this weather is a mix of a tropical wind from the South East and an Alaskan cold front. They have collided and provided us with this show. Winds in my area are at about 70miles (105kms) per hour. On the West side of Vancouver Island they are experiencing level one hurricane force winds. About 120 miles per hour. Yikes!!!

No comments: