Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Update Jan 3, 2007

Eeek. So I’m *really* behind on my blogging. I’m going to blame it on being sick though. That and vacation. So lets see, where did I leave off? Sometime last week right? The past two weeks were full of holiday parties. Pretty much every second night I had something. Starting with dinner with my SS friends, then Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day (which I spent with Meredith as I posted) Wednesday, December 27th I had a dinner party with all of my Creative Memories sister consultants. I haven’t been a consultant for over a year now but they still included me in their holiday party. It was wonderful. They are a fantastic group of ladies. I’ve attended a few retreats with them so there is a special bond there. I can’t wait to see them again.

Friday, December 29th I had my high school friends over for a holiday party/games night. Melissa brought her brand new Scene-it DVD game so we played that and then Whoo-nu. I’m proud to say that I wasn’t last at Scene-it. I thought for sure that I’d do horribly but I managed to go with my gut on a few questions and actually score some points.

Saturday, December 30th I went shopping for scrapbooking supplies. I knew that a few of the LSS’s were planning major boxing week sales so I did a loop and hit three of them plus Michaels. At the last one I scored a bunch of Basic Grey paper at 40% off. Monday I took and did power layouts with my DC pictures. Now to sit down and scrapbook them!

Sunday, December 31st was New Years Eve. I had two parties to attend but since I was already not feeling that well, I didn’t head out until around 7:30. I stayed at the first party for an hour or two and then was at the second one through midnight. There was *lots* of food and friends at both so they were really fun.

Between the parties I talked to my friend Jenna. She’s due to have her first child any day now but the little guy is taking his sweet time in coming. During the course of our conversation I mentioned that I had won that second set of Dierks tickets. Jenna handed the phone to her sister Katherine and it looks like Katherine will be taking the tickets off my hands! She has a friend who will come with her and we’re all going to car pool together. That’s a huge load of my chest. Not knowing what was going on with those tickets was really bugging me. Now I just have to hear on the meet and greet passes I’ve applied for.

Monday I was supposed to go for dinner at a family friends but I called Mom around two and I could hardly form my words. My throat was so sore. Obviously I didn't go. Mom came over with some neo-citron and Halls and stayed for a round of Scrabble. I beat her 390-292. It was great :) Yesterday (Tuesday) I did come into work but I only lasted till about 10 o’clock when I had to go home and sleep. Seth is suffering from the same cold, which I caught from my boss. The benefit of catching a cold from your boss is she is the one convincing me to not push it if I’m not feeling well because she knows exactly how I feel. Yesterday I slept for most of the day but managed to squeeze in a couple rounds of Scrabble too. It doesn't take any physical exertion and it felt good to use my head rather then just laying there.

I’ve made it through today okay but I’m looking forward to going home and relaxing. I’ve got a quiet weekend planned and dance doesn’t start back up till next week so I’m enjoying the break.
I have done some scrapbooking over the past few days as well and that feels nice. I’ve been away from it for too long.

I hope everything is well with each of you. Thank you for the well wishes on my last post.

~Heidi

2 comments:

Veronica said...

It's nice to see you back in the land of the living - don't do too much though - you don;t want to get sicker again.

Janis said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Way to go doing some scrapping, I need to do that too. I just have to figure out when and where.....