Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pick up trucks and red skies

I've already blogged about my first two days in Texas but I wanted to share these two pictures. This first one blew me away. We were travelling on I-10 and these two guys were in the back of a pick up! According to Naomi it's legal as long as they don't go over 50 mph. It's totally ILLEGAL no matter HOW fast you are travelling in Canada.

This was my first Texas sunset. Just a quick shot out the back window of the car. One of the verses from Dierks' "Every Mile a Memory" is:
Red sundown, out across the western sky
Takes me back, to the fire in your eyes
Texas stars, in a purple night
Not seein’ ‘em with you, baby
Oh, they never do look right, no

Here I actually got to see that in action :)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Ha! That's illegal here in Australia too....so did they go over 50mph?

Love the sunset...we have those Down Under too you know :D

agent713 said...

Well, traffic was too thick so they COULDN'T go over 50mph. I'm sure they did once they got out of the city though. The speed limit along that route is 60mph.

We have beautiful sunsets here too. Ours are more pink and orange though. Not red.

~Heidi