Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Blog Challenge: The Power of Words

Words can be powerful. Think of an occasion when someone blessed you with their words. (Conversely, words can be powerfully hurtful, too. Write about one of those instances if you must, but try to think of a positive memory instead.) Describe the circumstances surrounding the words that were powerful to you. Who said it? How did you react? How does it afffect you today?


Apparently I've never blogged this. I've told enough people about it but according to the search function, I've never blogged it.

Last year when I was in the middle of my job search I was emailing back and forth with Deb. I'd send her updates on my job and vent when I was frustrated. During that time she told me that I was "smart and articulate" I claimed those words as mine. I even went as far as to put them on a sticky note on my computer. They've stuck with me. SMART and ARTICULATE. That's me. That's the me that was brave enough to turn down a position with a company I loved in favour of the unknown. That's the me that was referred to a position that is perfect for me. That's the me that gets up every day and goes to work and communicates with people wether I want to or not. Those words gave me confidence then and they continue to encourage me.

Thanks Deb.

~Heidi

No comments: