Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A new meaning for "layout"

Monday we did a "layout" at the store. For me "layout" is a scrapbooking term. At the store, layout means changing every. single. piece. of product on the floor!!! Changing how all the wall fixtures are arranged, changing what pieces are hung where, changing the position of floor fixtures. E.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. It's a huge job and it's like a brand new store now! We had all but one staff member in and even with all the prep work we had done on the weekend, it still took over four hours. LOTS of folding, lots of hanging, and my first introduction to the steamer machine! It was fun for about .25 seconds. Seriously. When you steam one shirt three times and it's still not "right", the novelty wears off.

I also got to play with snow!!! Cool fake plastic stuff. I steamed all the clothes for the window display and my boss dressed the manequins. Then I got to do all the decorating. Placing the boxes and the teddy bear *exactly* as shown in the picture and then sprinkling snow all over everything. I happen to think it looks pretty darn good :D It had better, it's going to be like that for the next three months!!!

No comments: