Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I stand corrected

I have a prejudice against prepared foods. Pre-packaged is one thing. Things like cake mixes, instant mashed potatoes or stuffing etc is another. If you can't make it from scratch, I don't want it. It comes from growing up in a house where everything was make from scratch.

For St. Patricks Day I needed to make something green for dance. I saw a recipe for brownies with green coloured cream cheese icing. I printed it off and THEN realized that the brownie recipe was actually a cake mix. I was going shopping that day and because I knew I didn't have much time, I decided I'd try it.

OMFSM I am in love. Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Supreme Brownies Mix. It is SO good! I screwed up on the icing so they look kind of ugly (which meant they weren't good enough to bring to share :D ) By the time I was supposed to share them though, there wasn't really enough anyways. So, I take back anything negative I ever said about cake mixes. And Betty Crocker rocks! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I really prefer to do most things from scratch, but nothing beats a boxed cake mix. :D Sounds yummy!! I feel a brownie attack coming on ...

Kaye said...

Mmmmm...brownies! Are there any left for me?

Anonymous said...

Brownies! Oh yeah! My weakness!! I'll have to try them out! We are brownieholic's at our house. We rate them, we fight over them, we won't even eat one's we don't like. They have to be "perfect". .