Thursday, April 17, 2008

Intelligent Blogging

I feel like I haven't blogged anything intelligent in forever. Well, maybe intelligent isn't the right word. Important maybe? Lately I've been reading a lot of older entries because I'm scrapbooking early 2006. It's nice to have blog posts that relate to the pictures I am working on but I admit, I get frustrated if I DON'T have anything recorded. So, with that in mind, what's been up with me?

Last weekend I was at Stillwood Camp & Conference Centre for a retreat with Deb. I attended my first one with her in 2006 and missed last year because I was in Texas. This year we had 13 people total. It was fun. I didn't stay up super late at night and I was up in time for breakfast. I got a fair bit accomplished but of course, this week I haven't been able to get back to it which is annoying.

I got my tax return over the weekend too. A portion of it will buy my ticket to Diane's wedding. The rest is in savings. My car gave me a scare last week. On Wednesday the "check engine" light came on. I couldn't get it in to the shop until Friday but they looked at it, ran the computer to clear the codes and came up with "the gas cap is loose". It was actually more technical than that. Something about "Evaporation" but that's what it came down to. There was another code about the actual gas line. The stupid thing is AFTER my light came on on Wednesday, I put gas in. I guess once the sensor is tripped, only a mechanic an clear the code.

Anyways, the point is, I now have a healthy, accesible savings in case my car DOES do something stupid. It's something I've been trying to build up for awhile but now it's there.

The other thing I did with a portion of my return was invest in Sizzix. I'm kind of late to the party because everyone is getting rid of their's, including Deb. I debated long and hard about taking it and even posted on one of my message boards. In the end, I decided I just needed to do it. The thing is, even though the Sizzix belonged to Deb, I've always been the one that's used it. I've gotten a ton of use out of it over the years and truthfully, I've gotten used to having access to it. When it came time for her to part with it, it was just logical, and right, that I would take it. So, I am now the proud owner of a Sizzix Sidekick and six fonts (Fruit Smoothie, Funky Brush, Girls are Weird, Nouveau, Script and Rat-a-Tat) Girls are Weird, Nouveau and Funky Brush have been living at my house since, gosh, September? Maybe even before that. Anyways, I'm happy to welcome the other three to my house as well LOL

Okay, back to the retreat. I left early on Sunday to fill in for my co-worker at the store. I worked there from noon to three and then ran home and changed for church. I stopped by Mom and Dad's on the way for a quick dinner and then we went to church. Afterwards I went out with my friend Christa who is out visiting from Ontario. I haven't seen her since Texas last year so it was nice to catch up.

Monday was my last night of dance for the season. Can you believe that it's over already?! Crazy.

Tuesday I ran errands. First I stopped at Meredith's parents and picked up her Grandma's old microwave. See? I knew it would work out! I haven't even had a chance to use it yet but it looks good on my counter. I also had a nice chat with her mom and got to go "shopping". Mrs. K has always been good about sending her kids home with food when they visit. Since both of them are living abroad she hasn't hand anyone to give stuff to so she unloaded a bit on me. It was great :) Next stop was the library, my parents house briefly and then to Walmart.

Wednesday night I worked, tonight (Thursday) I work, tomorrow is the Kristal Barrett/Deric Ruttan concert and then the weekend is here again.

There, it's a bit of a brain dump but at least it's here and I don't have to keep reminding myself to blog stuff!

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the changing seasons :)

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Dang, you've been busy!!!!

Oh, and I love my Sizzix. I use it all the time.

Veronica said...

Good for you - I think you made the right decision to buy the sizzix. You know that you like it and use it - and if Deb had sold it to someone else you would have really missed it.