Thursday, July 17, 2008

Alberta 2008

I'm back! I'm caught up on emails. I'm back to the grind. Now for a recap.

Everyone is asking "how was your trip?" The short answer is "wonderful". The long answer? Great but suprisingly emotionally tiring and by the time I got home my ears and head hurt. I'm just not used to being around that many people for that much time in a row. I was SO happy to be back in my quiet apartment (it reaffirmed my decision to NOT have a roommate) and even to get back to my quiet wood panelled office.

Here's the rundown for the week. I'll post separately with pictures for each events.

Sunday, July 6 - drove to Edmonton via the Coquihalla Highway and Yellowhead. Stayed at Grandpa B's where Mom was.

Monday, July 7 - Went to the Valley Zoo with Mom, Grandpa, Aunty Liz and my cousin's son (Liz's youngest grandson) Jonathan

Tuesday, July 8 - Visited with my Aunty Emily, cousin's Rhonda and Suzanne (and their kids) at Suzanne's house. Met with cousin's Ruth and Naomi (and kids) at Naomi's house. Dinner with my friend Lisa.

Wednesday, July 9 - Spent the day with Aunty Louise and Uncle Rick at Thunder Lake. Three of their kids and their kids joined us throughout the day.

Thursday, July 10 - Visited briefly with mom's Uncle Oskar and Aunt Helen. Lunch with Dad's Aunty Elsie. Drove to Crossfield which is just North of Calgary and where my Uncle Tim, Aunty Candace, their three boys and two of my brothers live.

Friday, July 11 - Went to Big Hill Springs Park with Canadace, the boys and Mom. Dinner at Red Lobster with everyone.

Saturday, July 12 - Mom and I went to the Calgary Stampede which culminated in my sixth Dierks concert

Sunday, July 13 - Visited the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller

Monday, July 14 - Mom, Brandin and I drove home and took MANY stops during the day. We had fun though.



So as you can see, it was a lot of visiting family which was the primary purpose of the trip. We fit in some fun sightseeing too which I hadn't anticipated so that was just a bonus.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow! That does sound like a wonderful trip, but I can see how you would appreciate being home finally. Sounds like you did a lot of driving too. Glad it went so well. =]

Martha said...

Oh my...I'm tired just reading about your adventures!
Sounds like a good time was had by all.