Thursday, August 07, 2008

Birthday Celebrations, continued

I mentioned to my mom that my birthday celebrations have been stretching out and she said "you've always done it that way". So I have :) It's fun though!!! Yesterday Jenna and Will took me out for lunch. I had spoken with Jenna a week ago when we confirmed that she wouldn't be able to attend my "party" because she had to work. That night she told me that she had a present that she was super excited about giving me. She really wanted to tell me what it was but I'm a fan of anticipation so I told her I could wait. Of course then I spent the week wondering WHAT would get her so excited? I knew it wouldn't be an expensive gift but instead one of those "perfect" ones. I was right.

I don't think I've blogged about it but one of my pet peeves is that the only measuring cup sets I can find any more only have 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup and 1 cup measures. SOME of them have expanded to include a 1/8 cup (?!). I want a standard set that includes 2/3 and 3/4 as well but apparently that's too much to ask.

So my present from Jenna? A metal measuring cup set that has 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 1 cup AND a 1 and 1/2 cup too!!! I was just as excited as she knew I'd be :D

Yesterday I also got a text from my brother Seth saying "I blame Robert for not telling me it was your birthday so, here's a flower --<--@" Yeah. I told him I deserve real flowers ;)

And see the little pink guy on the left? Mom bought him for me because she knows I like penguins. I thought he was cute until I read his, excuse me, HER (Brandin say's it's a girl because she's pink), her tag:

"One day while playing in the snow,
I took a little fall you know,
It was akward, don't you think?
I blushed so hard, it turned me pink!"

Remember when I fell a few weeks back? My knee is STILL healing. I don't really need a reminder of what a klutz I am!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

You are really blessed Heidi! I think it's great when someone knows exactly what to get you. Especially something like that. They are listening to you. LOL Cute penguin too!

Nesa said...

i have to say that I love that pink penguin!! I collect them as well, and so need to find that one!!