Friday, August 08, 2008

Citius, Altius, Fortius

At the last scrapbook retreat I attended my project was my school days album. All my annual portraits and class pictures in one place. I only did Kindergarten-grade seven and I'm still trying to locate my grade eight through twelve pictures. While I was looking I found the box that has all my school projects in it. Book reports, art work, you name it, Mom saved almost everything. My next step is to go through that box, ditch the stuff I don't want, scrapbook what I do and photograph anything I'm not sure of. I took a couple photos that night and I'll share them here.

The first one is my "olympic torch" from the Calgary 1988 Olympics. I don't remember the actual olympics other than the fact that the mascots were Howdy and Hidy. Her name was spelled wrong but I still felt a kinship with her :) Apparently we talked about the olympics at school though, hence this torch.

Meredith and I are getting together to watch the re-broadcast of the opening ceremonies this evening.

Citius, Altius, Fortius
Higher, Stronger, Faster

Good luck to all the athletes!

No comments: