Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you’ve got
‘Til it’s gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

I don't really know if it was paradise and I doubt they're putting up a parking lot but I definitely didn't know what we had until now that it's gone.

Yesterday morning on the way to work there was a big yellow machine on the road. I drove around it and didn't think anything of it. On my way home from work the machine was gone along with a whole bunch of trees! They've cleared enough space for probably three or four lots and there may be more to go.

Even though the housing prices have tanked in BC it doesn't seem like building is suffering. Especially in my town they are shoving houses into every available spot. Weird corners and places that have been empty lots for *years* are suddenly being developed.

This was running through my head all last night.

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you’ve got
‘Til it’s gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

No comments: