Monday, January 05, 2009

Peace

Lots of people are doing or have done the "One Word Challenge" that originated with Ali Edwards. Shirley's blog entry reminded me to post about mine.

Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2009?

It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a
feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.
I'm going to use the same word that I used for 2008. It's one that resonates with me. My word is PEACE

In my last entry I posted the lyrics from Jeremy Camp's song "Slow Down Time". The specific lines that I love are:

My only peace is waiting before You.
My praise to You,
Drowning noise around me
Finding peace. Having peace. Being peaceful.

Everything around me may be chaotic and I easily get caught up in that. My focus this year is to continue to turn to God who is the Author of Peace and make him the center of my being.

Peace to you as well in 2009.

1 comment:

shirley said...

I like the word, Peace. I feel at peace just thinking about it!