Friday, December 11, 2009

Attitude of Graitude V2#30 - December

Phew! I did it. I completed thirty Attitude of Gratitude posts. On one hand I was starting to feel like I'd never finish. On the other, I'm sad I'm done. Not to say that I can't continue, but now I can go back to "normal" blogging. The thing is I still have SO much more to be thankful for. This exercise definitely serves it's purpose. It makes me think of all the things, people and more that I am blessed with. The song "count your blessings, count them one by one" really is appropriate and it is something that should never be forgotten.

Today I have one more thing to be thankful for. I'm thankful that it's December. This would have been better if I had stayed on track and actually posted this on December 1st but this will do. I noticed it the moment the calendar flipped to the last month of the year. A big simultaneous sigh of relief, and a big suck if of air as people braced themselves for what is arguably the busiest month of the year. In November all the Americans are just trying to get through Thanskgiving. Canadians are dealing with the darkest, wetest month of the year. EVERYONE is debating about wether it's "too early for Christmas" (decorations, trees, etc.) On December first, it's like the dam is broken. No one can use the "it's not even December yet!" excuse. Everyone turns on the house lights out side. The Christmas carols start playing on the radio (an no grinch can complain), in short, it's the "Most wonderful time of the year" and on December 1st, most people stop fighting it and start embracing it.

I personally love December. It's a freakishly insanely busy time for me but I love every second of the baking, shopping, wrapping, partying, card writing, craziness that ensues. Y'all know that I'm not one to fight Christmas (hello, tree's up by Nov 11th here!) but I'm relieved when everyone else joins me. Bring it on! Yeah for December!

No comments: