Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 12 of 12

Saturday morning...and most other mornings at this time of year, this is what I start with. Coffee with egg nog and yes it's instant coffee. My dirty little secret :P
Saturday morning also means the Country Top 40 countdown is on from 10-2. I listened to it off and on and what I missed, I`m catching up on now on Sunday night when it is replayed. I listen to it most weekends though.
I made my Christmas cards again this year. Making them is the easy part. Writing in them is what I struggle with. I spent the better part of the morning writing ones for the people at church.
But ran out so I had to make more.
While I was making more cards I watched "It's a Wonderful Life". My Christmas movie staple...probably my ONLY Christmas movie staple come to think of it.
At 12:30 I left home and met up with a friend to see New Moon for the second time. We enjoyed it even more, if you don't count the loud "Team Jacob" contingent in the theatre. They got annoying really fast. Still, I can't wait for Eclipse!
When I got home I put on some Christmas carols (this is becoming a list of what I listen to during the day! That's kind of appropriate though. The radio/cd player is the first thing I turn on when I walk in the door or get up in the morning and the last thing I turn off.) This is my Christmas collection.
With the tunes going, I was inspired to FINALLY hang some pictures. I picked these up at a garage sale a few months ago and they've been leaning against the wall since then. I love ferns and fiddleheads so these are perfect for me.
I tried to bake but it didn't turn out at ALL. It's supposed to be squares but I burnt the top and the bottom didn't cook. I have an idea of what I did wrong in the mixing process but the bottom line is, it flopped. And that happens sometimes. C'est la vie.
I went to a Christmas party anyways. I was hoping to take the squares but as you can see, there was LOTS of food (this is only one table. The other one is across the room!

I couldn't resist this picture of Evan. Must be nice to be so little that you can use your chair to sit on AND hold your plate :D



And lastly, my new Tupperware!!! I'm very excited to use it :D

Oops. Apparently I forgot a picture of myself yesterday. Here I'll cheat and borrow one that someone took of me at church today. It's been COLD all week and this morning during service it finally started snowing big fat fluffy flakes.

No comments: