Thursday, April 15, 2010

Christmas Ribbon Squares

I started writing this entry on August 28, 2007 SEVEN! Yikes!!!

I was looking through my cupboards a few weeks ago and I realized that I had most of the ingredients needed to make a favourite dessert of mine. Only one problem. I didn't have the recipe. No problem, I know it's a Jello thing so I started with my fancy All Things Jello recipe book. No luck.

Move on to the internet. Still no luck.
So I call my mom. I describe the recipe I want and she knows what it is almost immediately. She locates it and starts reading off the ingredients. I'm copying them down but it's taking forever. Finally I get a brilliant idea. "Scan it for me!" Of course walking her through the process of scanning it, saving it, and then attaching it to an email probably took as long as writing the whole thing down would have, but now I have my own copy of the original :)
And now, close to three years later, I want to make it again. Good thing I saved the scan in a draft blog post!!!

2 comments:

Karen and Kyle said...

I've had it with a pretzel crust and strawberries in the jello. I LOVED the dessert and I even have the recipe but for some reason I've never made it. What's wrong with me?? Thanks for the reminder.

Hampers said...

A perfect Christmas dinner requires an all inclusive recipe of a festively decorated home, conversation inspiring libations, wines