Monday, September 13, 2010

University: Day 1

Day one is over. After all that anticipation and planning I’m finally an active university student. It was a typical first day. Nervous excitement all combined with a bit of apprehension and lots of expectation. I had two classes today. Latin first and then History. This combination will repeat on Wednesday and we got the happy news today that only Latin is on Friday. Of course it’s a quiz every. Single. Week. So skipping isn’t an option but at least it’s only an hour of class and then I’m done for the day. Monday’s I’ll also have a History tutorial and Wednesday’s a Latin tutorial.

My Latin teacher’s a bit flighty which is what I expected after reading ratemyprofessor.com Its going to be a pretty intense course but I’m super excited. We started today by looking at a chart of how Latin is related to many, many modern languages, English being just one of them.

History is going to be awesome. The course load looks heavy in that there’s a lot of reading and a couple of papers to write but I took the teachers advice and got a schedule from the Writing Centre on the workshops they provide. The prof for this class seems really passionate and she’ll actually be leading my tutorial (most of the others are done by TA’s) so that’s kind of cool. The topics are exactly what I’m interested in though.

Tomorrow is Geography and North American Studies. They are in much larger lecture halls so they’ll be different style classes but hopefully I’ll have good profs there too.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds like so much fun! I know you're going to love this.

Ranch Wife said...

I'm so excited for you! Just don't start posting in Latin, because I'd be so lost! So are you all settled in? We need pictures of your new space!