Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Meme

I lifted this from somewhere a few days ago and I need a break so I'm going to post it now.

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? No. My brother's have decided that we're not exchanging gifts. They're bringing me home, I'll have other expenses to get me there, they have girlfriends to buy for and no one needs the headache so we're skipping it. We'll do stockings but no "big gifts". Works for me!!!

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions. Christmas Eve is Dad’s birthday. We try and make it about him but then the tradition is for us kids to be able to open “just one” present. It’s turned into something where someone can chose what you get as your “just one”. Often it’s something they just can’t wait to see you open. In my youngest brother’s case it was usually whatever would keep him occupied the best :P Not sure how that will work this year. Unless someone finds a really cool something for someone.

3. When do you put up your Tree? Me personally, I like Remembrance Day (Nov 11) this year I don’t have one though. Mom and Dad? Dunno. They’d do December 22nd if they had a choice.

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper? I had class this year

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? This year I’m travelling. First time in a long time and first that I’m “going home for Christmas”

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? Funniest? I know one year Mom sent us on this elaborate treasure hunt and the presents ended up at the end of my bed. That confused me so bad. 1. How did they get there 2. How did I MISS THEM???

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? I really think it’s “The Holiday”. I bought it a few weeks ago and just watched it again. I didn't really grow up watching all the Christmas specials so they don't mean much to me. I love this movie though.

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking, what’s your favorite treat? I do all my own baking. Not just Christmas. I was in a cookie swap last weekend and I made chocolate mint somethings. They have a name, it’s escaping me right now.

9. Fake or Real Tree? Mom and Dad usually have real. I have/had a fake one.

10. What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? I’m not a mom. My mom’s pretty low key too. No stress for her. If it doesn’t get done, we move on.

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? Usually for others. I like wrapping and they know it. I’ve wrapped my own (without peeking!) more times than I can count.

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? Just being together. Playing games is fun, but just the togetherness.

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best? I guess card making. I don’t really do anything else.

14. Christmas music? (Yes or No) If yes, what is your favorite song? Yes!!! And my dad and youngest brother are my hero's because they took all my Christmas music, ripped it to a memory stick and mailed it to me! My new favourite song is “I Wanna Be Your Christmas” by Andrew Allen though. I heard it on the radio and I love it :)

15. When do you plan to finish all of your shopping? Dunno. Christmas Eve maybe?

No comments: